Sunday, January 21, 2007

Day 6 - Interior Removal

Today my friend Paul came over and helped me remove the interior. The seats seem to be in pretty good condition as does the center console.




That’s about where the good news ends. The floor as you can see is rusted in a couple of spots. I am going to have to cut those parts out and weld in some new floors. Most of it does seem to be surface rust so it’s not that bad.




We also removed all the door hardware off the passenger side.





I am bit concerened about the door striker and stirinking unit. It looks pretty mangeled but I won't know anything till the paint comes off.

During this part of the project we found countless screws that weren’t the correct ones or they just used self tapping screws to fasten what ever they needed to. This was not a very stellar job done by however we tagged and bagged everything.

No comments: