Thursday, April 01, 2010

Day 24 (Steering Gear and a blast)

GOOD MORNING! I am excited, can you tell? Today I took the fenders, deck lid, hood and doors over to the media blaster this morning, which happens to be located about 6 blocks from my house. I know what you’re thinking, “but what about the car?” and I’ll tell you. This is by design. I am having the parts media blasted first, and then once they are done I am going to swap them for the car. This leaves half of my garage open so I can primer the parts first and let them set up. Once the car is back I can load into the garage and primer it right away with the parts already done.
When I got home today, I went straight to the garage to remove the steering gear and finish removing the brake lines. I called my dad earlier and ask for advice regarding the steering gear and said bolt it back on and hit it with a hammer. So I did but it didn’t work. So I did what any good mechanic would do … I got a huge sledge and smashed the living hell out of it. Turns out that did the trick. The bearing came loose and I could easily remove the steering gear. In my new found excitement I focused on the brake lines and had them removed in no time. The car is now ready for media blasting .. WOOT!...

Before the Blast:

Fenders Outside:


Fenders Inside:


Doors Outside:


Doors Inside:


Hood Outside:


Hood Inside:



Deck Lid Outside:



Deck Lid Inside:

No comments: